KOSE (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD
- This Policy forms part of KOSE’s guidelines relating to the processing of personal data (including sensitive personal data) and is applicable to KOSE’s relationship with the persons to which the PDPA applies, including but not limited to our customers, representatives, employees, clients, investors, sponsors, suppliers, event organizers, event managers, promoters, and contractors, contractual or otherwise or other individuals not specifically mentioned. This Policy is a legally binding document to which adherence is ordinarily expected.
- This Policy regulates the manner by which KOSE collects, uses, retains, maintains and discloses personal information including names, telephone numbers, email addresses, office or residential addresses, payment details, and all such personal identification information (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Data") from each customer or any other data provider in its record. This Policy correspondingly governs the usage of the KOSE website and any other social media websites operated by KOSE
- KOSE’s customers and / or data providers are expected to have read and understood the terms of this Policy in its entirety. This Policy is to be read together with and forms an integral part of any contract entered into with KOSE.
- The term “Personal Data” is defined by the PDPA as including any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or the person’s physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics.
- Further to the generality of the terms as defined by the PDPA, Personal Data as referred to in this Policy may also relate to any natural persons, including KOSE’s customers, representatives, , employees, customers, clients, investors, sponsors, suppliers, event organizers, event managers, promoters, and contractors, contractual or otherwise, or other individuals not specifically mentioned (collectively, "Data Subject").
- KOSE is authorized and shall be at liberty to collect, maintain and, process the following Personal Data from a Data Subject:-
- personal details such as name, identity card / passport/ social security number, age, gender, nationality, birthdates, residential and business addresses, social media website addresses, contact numbers, email address and such other relevant information that identifies the respective Data Subject;
- information about businesses, trade, or services that the Data Subject is engaged in;
- payment transactions - either via cheque, credit or debit card, PayPal or online bank transfers;
- all billing records for services, inclusive of any cancellations that have been made;
- any such other information that are, have been or will be collected by us in future, or such information which the Data Subject provides to KOSE in connection to any services or contractual obligation, including data that is collected from any surveys, questionnaires, transactions or any correspondence with KOSE;
- Individual personal preferences of the Data Subject such as to the language, product offered or content interest as well as mode of communication;
- the Data Subject’s choice in regards to receiving future communication as to future events or functions or product launches hosted by KOSE;
- any enquiries, comments or messages sent to KOSE via KOSE website or any other social media websites operated by KOSE
- IP address of a Data Subject who visits KOSE website, applies and registers for membership, sends queries or uploads posts / comments in any other social media operated by KOSE
- Notwithstanding the above, it is still permissible for KOSE to process your Personal Data in the absence of your consent if deemed mandatory for certain purposes including but not limited to the processing of Personal Data for the following reasons:
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- at your request, with a view to entering into a contract with KOSE;
- for compliance with any legal obligation to which KOSE is subject, other than an obligation imposed by a contract;
- to protect your vital interests; or
- for the administration of justice; or
- for the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law.
Sensitive Personal Data
- Sensitive Personal Data is any personal data consisting of information on your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence or any such other information prescribed by the PDPA as Sensitive Personal Data.
- KOSE does not collect Sensitive Personal Data unless required by any applicable or relevant laws. Sensitive Personal Data should not be submitted if you do not wish for KOSE to collect or process such data.
- Nonetheless, in circumstances where Sensitive Personal Data has been submitted to us, KOSE will treat such Sensitive Personal Data as having been submitted with your explicit consent and on your own accord. All such Sensitive Personal Data will be treated as confidential and such data shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
- A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, which is data sent from the KOSE website and/or other social media websites operated by KOSE and stored in your web browser upon your access to the KOSE website and/or other social media websites operated by KOSE. Cookies are designed to be a mechanism for the website to obtain information of your browsing activity. Cookies do not collect personal data or any such information that is related to or deemed as personal identification information.
- There will be certain information stored by KOSE when you access the KOSE website and/or other social media websites operated by KOSE. By accessing any such websites, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms of this Policy.
- As such, if you do not wish to have your information stored, then it is your responsibility to ensure that the cookies are removed from your device including hard drives upon completion of each browsing session.
Links / Related websites
How we collect your Personal Data
- KOSE will collect Personal Data from the Data Subject when such information is submitted on your own accord. By providing such Personal Data, the Data Subject is deemed to have voluntarily consented to the processing, retaining, and dissemination of their personal data in accordance with the PDPA and the terms and conditions of this Policy herein.
- Generally, Personal Data from a Data Subject will be collected by KOSE through the following means including but not limited to:-
- applications for KOSE membership;
- updates received from a Data Subject with regards to their personal details or any change therein, including a change of address;
- enquiries and registrations for KOSE events or functions or product launches, or promotional events;
- visits to KOSE website and/or any of KOSE’s social media webpages;
- registrations with KOSE and/or its event organizers for events or functions or product launches whether online or manually;
- any transaction or inquiry or communication made with KOSE;
- when such personal data is collected by promoters, event managers, event organizers or any associates of KOSE in the course of any event, function, meeting or any marketing, expansion and promotional activities; and
- contracts of/for service or services entered into with KOSE.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
- KOSE may collect, retain and process your Personal Data (including Sensitive Personal Data) for several purposes including the following:-
- to communicate with you about membership, inquiries or other requests;
- to respond to your queries including queries relating to KOSE products;
- for administrative purposes, including but not limited to commercial transactions relating to billing and payment;
- to monitor and improve KOSE’s services;
- for direct marketing services;
- to update and provide information on promotions and upcoming events or functions or product launches to you;
- to conduct research, surveys and statistical analysis;
- to send emails on updates or on any event that may be of interest to you;
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- for compliance with any legal obligation to which KOSE is subject.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
- KOSE has the sole and absolute discretion in sharing any Personal Data with the following third parties for certain limited purposes as it deems necessary, as follows:-
- KOSE’s partners, trusted affiliates, promoters, event organizers, researches, and advertisers as part of the efforts to conduct statistical analysis of current or future global trends as well for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes of future products, and/or events;
- third party service providers which helps operate KOSE and its website; as well as all other social media websites operated for and on behalf of KOSE and/or administer activities on KOSE’s behalf, such as to send out newsletters and/or emails, to conduct text messaging blasting and/or surveys; and
- KOSE’s legal representatives, accountants, auditors, consultants, promoters, event organizers and such other service providers in the conduct and administration of its affairs.
- KOSE will however not intentionally sell or disseminate Personal Data to any unauthorized third parties.
- By agreeing to the terms of this Policy, you are deemed to be giving and have given your unconditional consent to KOSE to disclose and share your Personal Data with those third parties as stated above.
- If you attend any of KOSE’s promotional events or functions or product launches, or other KOSE events, you are deemed to be consenting and to have consented to KOSE sharing your Personal Data relevant for the event in question with any of KOSE’s associates, affiliates or event organizers.
- If any associate, affiliate or event organizer is required to assist KOSE for payment collection and registration of attendees for KOSE’s event or function or other KOS event, the said associate, affiliate or event organizer shall be responsible to ensure that the Personal Data collected is processed and managed in accordance with the PDPA and that all safeguards are taken by them to ensure no breach on their part. To this end, you agree to release KOSE from any risks and liabilities arising from such handling of your Personal Data by the said associate, affiliate or event organizer. For avoidance of doubt, KOSE shall not be liable for any breach of any of terms of this Policy arising or relating to the conduct or of any action by the said associate, affiliate or event organizer.
Transfer of Personal Data outside the jurisdiction
- In certain circumstances, KOSE may be required to transfer your Personal Data to a country or jurisdiction outside Malaysia for the purposes for which the Personal Data is collected. In this regard, KOSE has the sole and absolute discretion in deciding whether to transfer your Personal Data.
- By acknowledging and agreeing to the terms of this Policy, you are deemed to have consented to allow KOSE to transfer your Personal Data to any country or jurisdiction outside Malaysia notwithstanding whether that country or jurisdiction has similar or adequate laws governing protection of personal data. KOSE shall not be liable for any breach of any of the personal data principles in the recipient country which receives your Personal Data.
Your Right to Opt-Out
- If you do not wish to have your Personal Data shared, disclosed or transferred, you have a right to withhold your consent to such a transaction. It shall be your responsibility to inform KOSE by way of a written Notice in the event you do not consent to have your Personal Data shared with such third parties or to the transfer of your Personal Data outside of Malaysia. You have also the right and option to unsubscribe from KOSE’s mailing list if you do not want to receive any emails from KOSE pertaining to promotions, surveys, advertisements, statistical analysis or other related marketing material and in such event, it shall be your responsibility to notify Kose in writing that you wish to unsubscribe from KOSE’s mailing list.
- Any Notice to KOSE required under this Policy must be in writing and send to Customer Service, KOSE (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd whose address is at Unit 7-04, Level 7, Nucleus Tower, No.10, Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan. In the event such a Notice is sent by post, it will be deemed to have been delivered effectively only if received by KOSE.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event you do not send such a Notice to KOSE, KOSE shall be entitled to treat your Personal Data as if you have given consent to:
- KOSE to disclose, maintain, share and transfer your Personal Data for the purposes above; and
- be included in KOSE’s mailing list and agree to receive such information from KOSE and its affiliates, associates or any event organizer appointed by KOSE.
How KOSE Stores and Protects your Personal Data
- KOSE shall take all reasonable and necessary measures to ensure that all Personal Data stored in its records is secure and protected. By accepting this Policy, you are deemed to hereby agree and consent to giving KOSE the sole and absolute discretion determining the manner in which your Personal Data is to be stored.
- Measures are taken by KOSE, to the extent it considers to be reasonable and necessary, to ensure that your Personal Data information is secure and to prevent any loss, modification theft or third party interference.
- By agreeing to the terms of this Policy, you are taken as having understood and have agreed that KOSE shall not be liable in the event of any unforeseen events that result if the unauthorized publication and/or unauthorized dissemination of your Personal Data.
Retention of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data will be kept by KOSE only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In the event Personal Data is no longer required to be used, KOSE, at its sole and absolute discretion may delete such Personal Data from its records, unless the retention of such Personal Data is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or for any other purpose which renders the retention necessary.
- In the event of termination or expiry of a contract or other relationship with a Data Subject:-
- such Personal Data of the Data Subject shall be stored in KOSE’s database unless the Data Subject serves a written Notice to KOSE requesting for such Personal Data to be destroyed and deleted from KOSE database;
- KOSE will take reasonable measures to ensure sufficient security measures are taken to protect the Personal Data; and
- the Data Subject has a choice as to whether they wish to receive any future correspondence from KOSE with regards to future marketing or promotional information.
- It will be the responsibility of the Data Subject to inform KOSE as to whether they wish to remain on the mailing list. Failure to give such notice will be deemed as consent to receiving future correspondence from KOSE, its affiliates and associates.
Maintaining Data Integrity
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Personal Data as well as any other Personal Data pertaining to a third party you may submit to KOSE is updated and accurate.
- In the event such information and/or Personal Data submitted is incorrect or becomes out dated, it is then your responsibility to make such corrections or to update such information by contacting KOSE within a reasonable time frame.
Access to Personal Data
- You may:
- Request for a copy of the Personal Data maintained by KOSE;
- Request to either update your Personal Data submitted to KOSE;
- Request that KOSE modifies or amends your respective Personal Data in our records.
- In order for you to do so, you must provide KOSE with complete information as well as documentation to confirm your identity before any such aforesaid request can be entertained. This is necessary for verification purposes. If you are unable to provide such documentation to the satisfaction of KOSE, we may, at our sole and absolute discretion, deny such access or request for retrieval in order to safeguard the Personal Data.
- KOSE, at its sole and absolute discretion, may consider such request to retrieve or correct such information. In the event KOSE decides to reject your request, we shall provide the reasons for such rejection.
- It is KOSE’s sole and absolute prerogative to allow any changes or alterations to the Personal Data in its records to ensure the accuracy and correctness of such Personal Data.
- You are advised that KOSE shall not be responsible for any omission or delay or negligence on your part in failing to update and/or correct your Personal Data in our records.
- By accepting this Policy, you signify your unconditional acceptance of this Policy and will be deemed to have given your unconditional consent to KOSE to retain, store, disseminate, process and share your Personal Data.
- By continuing your membership with KOSE, you are deemed to be bound by the rules and policies made by KOSE and are subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy. Your continued accessibility to the KOSE website and/or any social media website operated by KOSE will be taken as continued acceptance of any revisions to the Policy, as the case may be.
Amendments to the Policy
- Personal Data submitted to KOSE will be processed and maintained in accordance with the terms and conditions in this Policy as may be revised from time to time. KOSE, at its sole and absolute discretion, may amend any of the terms and conditions of this Policy. Should there be any amendment to this Policy the amended Policy will be made available on KOSE website at https://www.kose.com.my and https://www.decorte-cosmetics.com/my/. You are therefore advised to visit KOSE website and/or any social media website operated by KOSE from time to time to obtain the latest version of the Policy. By publishing this policy on this website, we shall deem our customers and /or clients have already been notified.
- Should you have any queries in respect of this Policy or the practices on our website or any of our other pages in any social media website operated by KOSE, or with regard to your dealings with us, as well as to update us or to inform us about any corrections to your Personal Data, please contact us at: Customer Service, KOSE (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd whose address is at Unit 7-04, Level 7, Nucleus Tower, No.10, Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan. End
Kose (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.